My interest in counselling was born out of a genuine passion for helping people to find ways of living an emotionally healthy and fulfilled life. I believe we all have the resources to overcome whatever difficulties we may be experiencing and I work hard to offer an environment that encourages personal growth.
I have practiced in a number of places including a GP surgery and several charitable organisations. I also have many years experience of working as a staff counsellor in the NHS; as a result I have wide ranging experience with a number of issues including stress, anxiety, low self esteem, depression and trauma.
- Master of Arts Degree (MA) Integrative Counselling The University of Manchester
- BACP Accredited Counsellor (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) MBACP (Accred)
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor
- Diploma in CBT The University of West Scotland
- TA 101 The Institute of Transactional Analysis
- Post Graduate Certificate in Supervision
I would describe my model of counselling as 'Integrative'. This means I draw from a wide range of counselling approaches and I am able to tailor the most suitable approach for each client. Essentially the counselling that each client receives will be considered and relevant to them as an individual.
I also consider the therapeutic relationship to be a key factor in the outcome of therapy. I believe each client deserves a safe and trustworthy environment in which they can explore their difficulties.
For some further information on my services and myself please go to my contact page and fill out the form or give me a call or text on 07754 820468.